A ColorRun could possibly be one of the most fun races you’ll experience. Not only can your organization raise a lot of money, but it’s also a fun activity that involves the entire community. Participants can walk or run the race at their own pace, while interacting with the bystanders throwing colors to mark your progress. Here are 5 steps you need to take to make your color run successful!
- Timed or Untimed?: You need to determine if your race is going to be a timed event or just an event that people can go at their own pace. It just depends on the reason why you’re doing the fun run and how much of a competition you want it to be.
- Go the Distance: Typically 5 kilometers, or 3 miles, is a good length for this special type of race. It gives enough space for people to get doused in color, at least three times, but not so extreme that participants may not be able to complete it.
- The Right Amount of Powder: No ColorRun is complete without the chalk-like powder to throw at people. That’s the whole point. Standard bags of powder come in 25 lbs and there are multiple colors to choose from. You can also decide if you want each color to represent a mile or do you want your participants to just have an onslaught of colors thrown at their shoulders. How colorful do you want your race to be?
- Pictures & Race Hashtag: Pictures are going to be going crazy at the end of the race when people are at their messiest. Your race will be all over the profiles of your participants and the prospectors. Consider a race hashtag for people to use on social media to not only see the success of your event later on, but others can take notice and support you for the next ColorRun.
- The Aftermath Cleanup: After the race is finished, it’s imperative to clean up the area as much as possible. Look for any leftover trash that has been left, which your organization or company will be held responsible. Also, clean up as much of the powder as you can. There’s a chance some will be stuck on the pavement or sidewalks, but hose down as much as possible.
Plan the perfect fundraiser with Profits Plus! We can help you take your fundraising events to the next level. Let’s get started today.
Why Choose Us?
- 30+ Years In Business
- Strong Community Ties
- Associated With CherryDale Fundraising